[This page was updated on Fri 24 Sep, 2021]
Prophet ﷺ said:
الْمُسْلِمُ أَخُو الْمُسْلِمِ لاَ يَخُونُهُ وَلاَ يَكْذِبُهُ وَلاَ يَخْذُلُهُ
The Muslim is the brother to the Muslim, he does not cheat him, lie to him, nor deceive him. [Jami' at-Tirmidhi 1927]
What are Cookies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. These text files can be read by these websites and help to identify your configurations when you return to a website. Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you have gone offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Cookies & Local Storage
- To identify you when you login to your account.
- To save your preferences for later use. These are small configurations required by server for best user experience, to give you an idea, if you choose a specific font for reading the Qur'an, we will store it as a cookie. So next time you visit the site, you will have same font displayed.
- We try to avoid cookie where ever possible and use your browser's local storage, this is a storage place that server knows nothing about. These are also used for preferences and best user experience.
Third Party Cookies
- Google Analytics: This is an analysis tool which help us improve user experience. We do not send any of your personal information to this tool.
- Sign in with Google: You can choose to sign up / sign in to our site using your Google account. When you do that Google authentication will create some cookies to keep you secure.
These are the only tools we use from third-party companies.
We send anonymous events to our server when you or any user visit certain types of pages. No personal information is collected at this point, it is only for the following purposes:
- When you visit an article or a hadith, we count the page views. No personal information is included, a simple event callback with article ID or hadith ID.
- When this happens a unique information is stored to your local storage so we don't double the the page counts.
- When a hadith is shared through Whatsapp, it is anonymously tracked as a page view. Again, no personal information is collected (by the way we don't have anything to collect from)
Every account on this site is identified with their associated email address. This means if you use one email address for Google and Microsoft, you will be treated as same person.
We store following information when you sign up to your account:
- Your email address, this is the primary information needed for your account, because if we did not store this information, we would never be able to authenticate you when you want to sign in again.
- Your name if you have set it from your profile page
- Your username if you have set it
- Your IP address and browser/OS information against your current logged in session so you can track your logins (from profile page under Sessions tab) and if your account has been compromised. Please note that we do not use this information otherwise.
Your accounts are used to store following:
- Bookmarks to retrieve back your favourite items from bookmarks page
- Collections and items in your collections
- Quran memorization to help you track your memorization
- Quran revision to assist you with your revision
- Your account handle / username when displaying a public collection.
- If you have special permissions to submit hadith edit for reviews, we disclose your username to other reviewers to make it easy for them to review and to increase your points.
Please note, we care for our users and we do not disclose any information (email address, IP address, activities) to any third party agency. We certainly do not sell users' identity to the spammers or ad agencies (Facebook, Google or anyone else).
By using this site you agree to the above policies.