Muflihun.com is a web platform for Qur'an and Hadith, focused on only authentic contents that people can fully rely upon.
I started Muflihun.com back in 2014 / 1435H (with a different domain name and renamed it to 'muflihun.com' in 2015 / 1436H) as a Qur'an contemplation and memorization tool when all the other tools available at the time were limited. It then slowly grew and I started adding new features and it became center of my attention. I noticed (via analytics tools) a huge growth in number of users interested in memorization tools so I added memorization tracker which allowed users to track their memorization. It was a quick knock-off but did the job well. Then I added the Hadith section that was focused on making search easy with the hadith grading. On the way, we went through some tough times and lost some data on the way (this was when we had audio/video and books section added).
Now the site serves many users around the world, especially searching of hadith of our beloved Prophet ﷺ. We ask Allah ﷻ to accept this from us and whoever contributed to the project.
- Provide browsable and searchable authentic islamic resources
- Trustworthy platform for authentic contents
- Fast search engine that makes it easy to visually identify hadith classifications (authentic, weak etc)
- Modern web design from professionals
- Re-usable API for other developers to take advantage of our data
- Printable contents to share them with your local community - i.e., mosques etc - in paper-format
- Personalise the contents like memorization tracker, bookmarks and study tools
- Quran script and translations are mainly from tanzil.net. We are using version 1.0.2
- Word by word data is provided by a brother (may Allah bless him). This data was thoroughly reviewed and improved a lot since we first received it. Please report any errors that you find.
- Verse by verse audibles are downloaded from versebyversequran.com and everyayah.com - they're open projects run by Muslims.
- Initial hadith data was taken from various authentic sources and were improved massively for spelling, translation and other mistakes. This is a huge on-going effort and we have some tools in-place for our admins that make it easy to peer-review any changes. Our source of truth for hadith classification is Darussalam publication, i.e, if someone report a hadith to us, we locate it in Darussalam published books and correct our classification to match that. Some brothers and sisters are witness to it, we have provided them with evidences (taking screenshot and pointing to the page) if they reported it incorrectly and we corrected otherwise.
- Articles are written by @abumusamq who is the development lead of the site. More details below.
We try our best to keep all of our resources (tafsirs, translations, hadith, articles, etc) as authentic as possible. For example, we removed many books in the past. We always check the level of Tafseer before we put it in Quran section. For example, we did not put Tafsīr Jalālayn because of ′Ash'ari beliefs in it. Similarly, Tanwīr al-Miqbās min Tafsīr Ibn ′Abbās which is attributed to Ibn ′Abbās (may Allah be pleased with him). After researching in detail and asking shuyukh, it is clear that it's using many fabricated ahaadith and falsely attributed to Ibn ′Abbās (may Allah be pleased with him); hence we did not add it.
After all, we are human beings and we make mistakes. If you find anything on this site that is either unauthentic or dangerous (in terms of ′aqeedah), please let us know via email (along with the proofs). We will try to remove it as soon as possible.
The future of the website is promising, in shaa' Allah. We will list down few things that are part of site's future:
- Search: Redesign search page for best user experience
- Search: More tags to make search relevant
- Search: Search engine optimization to help google, duckduckgo and other search engines index pages as they should be
- Hadith: Personal notes for each hadith
- Hadith: User experience improvements
- Quran: Redesign Quran section's user interface for best experience
- General: Error reporting tools from within the page/section
- General: Contact page
The site has gone through some major improvement phases, one of them was moving our backend to Humble.js
which has helped speed up the development. This site uses humble.js/v1.42.
Quran section of the page was designed to allow you to:
- Read translations and tafseer in style of your choice (side by side, continuous etc)
- Word for word translations of Quranic words
- Recite ayah by ayah
- Memorization tools (repeated recitations, memorization tracker etc)
- Advanced search features
- Embed your selections to your website
- Introductions to each surah from scholars
- Read Quran using electronic medina-mushaf which are printed pages from Quran printed by King Fahd Complex
- Please take some time to explore as there are many small features but all of them cannot be listed here
- The entire text of the Qur'an, as well as most of the translations, used in the Qur'an section are provided by the Tanzil online collaborative project. We do not edit any of their content. Please check online Quran on the Tanzil website and verify if you observe the same error.
- Some errors you may see, can be result of font rendering by your browser. An example of such issue is Surah as-Saffaat 37:67 - try changing the font and see difference.
Hadith application allows you to read hadiths in English and Arabic from wide-collections of hadith books:
- Sahih al-Bukhari
- Sahih Muslim
- Imam Malik's Muwatta
- Jami' at-Tirmidhi
- Sunan Ibn Majah
- Sunan an-Nasai (a.k.a Al-Sunan al-Sughra)
- Sunan Abu Dawood
- Collection of Hadith Qudsi
- Collection of Imam Nawawi's 40 Hadiths
- Riyad Us Saliheen by Imam Nawawi
- Shama'il Muhammadiyah by Imaam at-Tirmidhi
Initial data for hadith grading/classification was based on two sources, Darussalam and Sheikh al-Albaani
As part of our continuous improvements, when we find a classification from an authentic source (mainly Darussalam), we change it accordingly.
- Jami' at-Tirmidhi: Darussalam Publications
- Sunan an-Nasai: Darussalam Publications
- Sunan Abu Dawud: Sheikh Al-Albani
- Sunan Ibn Majah: Darussalam Publications
Classification colours are visual indication of the hadith authenticity and reliability. They are only for indicative purposes, you should ask a scholar the meaning of the classification. If you find any misleading colour (e.g, green where it should be red) please let us know with your proofs.
When you look at a hadith (for example Sahih al-Bukhari Book 75 Hadith 333), you may find various numbers in References sections. These numbers represent different types of references for particular hadith used by various publishers. Our main referencing style is based on Darussalam Publications.
Muflihun Articles are small to medium sized articles for our Muslim brothers and sisters for their obligations and rulings on certain matters. Some people raised concern in the past with the source of articles. Please bear in mind that all the articles are backed up by Qur'an and sunnah upon understandings of salaf, I do not introduce new ideas or doubts in Muslims. They are well estabilished ideas of salaf of this ummah. I am only a student who look up to scholars, I will list down some of the scholars that I look up to, this will give you an idea on my understandings:
- Imam Ibn Taymiyyah (RA)
- Sheikh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab (RA)
- Sheikh Ibn Uthaymeen (RA)
- Sheikh Bin Baz (RA)
- Sheikh Al-Albani (RA)
- Sheikh Zubair ′Ali Zai (RA)
- Sheikh Safi-ur Rahmaan Mubaarpuri (RA)
- Sheikh Abdur Razzaq al-Abbad
- Sheikh Wassiullah Abbas
- Sheikh Mubasshar Ahmed Rabbani
- Sheikh Anees Ur Rahman Azami
- Sheikh Abu Zaid Zameer
- Sheikh Tauseef ur Rahmaan
- Sheikh Talib ur Rahmaan
- Sheikh Abdullah Nasir Rahmaan
This is a small list of many scholars that I look up to but you get the gist of my sources. My main interests are Aqeedah and Tafseer. I spend time daily studying books and writing articles on what I have understood clearly for our brothers and sisters.
Mistakes are inevitable and we request people of knowledge to correct us if we are wrong (along with your proofs).
Please read copyright notices here
If you wish to contact us in order to report an issue or ask a question, please feel free to send email to info [at] muflihun.com and we will try to respond as soon as possible.
We have put years into this project. This is all done for the sake of Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala). All we ask from you is to spread the word and share this website to your friends and family. Jazaakumullah Khayran wa Baarak Allah Feekum wasalaam wa rahamatullahi wa barakaatuh